Posting on the game's official forum, Eden Games' community team member GMDestra announced that the problems prevalent in Test Drive Unlimited 2's PC version are now largely fixed. The latest fixes that have gone live for the platform include the following bug solutions:
- Logging into the game has been improved
- Once into the game the online network experience is now much more stable in all areas
- Save games no longer corrupt
- Existing corrupted save games will be repaired in many cases
- Friends lists are now populated Invites now work correctly
- Clubs have been brought back online
- Exploits to gain money have been fixed
- Casino access has been improved
- Players will no longer lose money because of the Casino bug
The bug fixes listed above will also be spread out to the game's PS3 and Xbox 360 versions as soon as Sony and Microsoft approve the patches that Eden Games has submitted. No ETA has been announced yet for the PS3 and Xbox 360 patches.
In addition, Eden Games will be giving Test Drive Unlimited 2 players a thank you gift for putting up with all the issues and problems that cropped up in the game post-launch. The studio will be making the game's first premium DLC pack free to download.
"Thank you for your continued support and feedback," reads GMDestra's post. "Our community has been amazing and helped us quickly identify a number of issues, which we have made significant progress in addressing in the upcoming patches. We really appreciate your patience in this matter and we would like to announce that we will be making the first premium DLC for the game free for everybody as a way of saying thank you."
The premium DLC, called the Exploration Pack, will contain new wrecks that allow players to unlock the Lancia Stratos version Rallye and 1969 Dodge Charger vehicles.